All of us experience anxiety in our lives. The best example for it would be the time before exam or job interview. Most of us would have used the phrase at that time of having butterflies in the stomach and that is anxiety. It is quite normal to have such experience in stressful time and it can result into disturbed sleep, loss of appetite and lack of concentration. Most of the times, it is gone once the situation is over but what if it is not? Then it is a signal to pay attention to it as it might be an anxiety disorder which needs medical help like any other illness
The best method of get over this problem is anxiety counselling. According to a report 70 to 90 percent of people suffering from anxiety disorder get reduced symptoms and also have improved quality of their lives.
It is best if the problem is diagnosed in early stage itself as then it won’t be able to do much harm to the brain. But many people resist their willingness to go to seek medical counseling for this disorder just because of stigma which is the biggest hurdle. Even though anxiety disorder has been proved as medical problem but still any problem related to mental health is placed with negative connotation. But it is required to be understood here that it is nothing to be one ashamed of and anyone can face this problem so one must move forward and seek proper counseling to combat the problem and lead a normal life.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a form of counseling which work on the patient by teaching him skills so that his confidence in himself is built and thus can overcome anxiety. Your counselor might give you some CDs or books on relaxation and breathing technique other than your regular therapy sessions. It is very important that you actively participate in therapy sessions so as to have long term relief from the problem. Other methods include talking treatments along with medicines.
Your counselor may also say you to do the following:
• Self-help programs or efficient psychologist Sydney available online. You can opt for these after consulting your counselor. Some of these programs are free while you might need to pay for some.
• Study about the disorder and gain knowledge. Better do it together with your family and thus you will get their support.
• Live a healthy lifestyle by eating well and remain active.
• Look for the ways to reduce the amount of stress in your life and make efforts to avoid the things that make you distressed.
In the end, it is highly recommended that you seek the help of anxiety counselor to get the right advice on treating anxiety disorder.
To be a good leader, you must have some natural talents somewhere inside of you, at least dormant and those dormant skills are the target of a good executive career coaching program. You might not yet have a philosophy in your professional career and you probably guide yourself by instincts and with the help of your own, personal philosophy over life you might just do great and be the best leader anyone has seen, but if you want more from yourself and to have a strict leadership conduct, you’ll find out that that is most helpful in maintaining your balance and way of leading.
There are many types of leadership philosophies and they can all be useful applied to the right circumstances
People want to have a saying in any decision that involves their well-being at the workplace and that’s why they prefer the more democratic style of leadership. If a leader is the type who communicates often with his employees and listens to what they have to say and what they wish, could result in having a more motivated and more creative team of people but it can also degenerate so much that the employees start expecting more from their leader and not cooperating properly among themselves would be really bad for the business.
Including all the team members and letting them decide over important decisions that must be made for the good of the company and not the employees’ benefit is a very wrong approach because they don’t have the same responsibilities as you do in front of the other leadership members and could cause a massive inadaptability to respecting deadlines.
Some personalities like to be in full control of everything that moves in their company so they tend to be very strict leaders with everything they want loudly spoken; they will always give the right indications for certain things to be done in a certain way, at a certain moment and he expects everyone else to know their place and do exactly what’s in their job description.
As better as this may sound, these leaders could easily become unlikeable to the other managers or employees. There should be a little bit of every philosophy in each leader’s philosophy because each day can be a challenge and each day is different than the previous one and a leader must have the ability to assess and evaluate correctly any situation to be able to apply the right methods.
Leadership training can balance any urge of doing things wrong and can enhance or correct behaviors for the well-being and satisfaction of the leader.
A business coach can really improve the productivity of your employees. If you don’t feel that the work is getting done quickly enough, you can employ a business coach to hurry things along. However, you may want to know a few things about how they operate. If you hire one and are surprised by the methods that they use, it may not end well for anyone. Therefore, here are a few pointers on what a business coach can do for your company and your employees
– A good business coach can motivate your staff but they won’t do it with flowers, chocolate, hugs, and words of comfort. You are not hiring a business coach to help your staff feel like they are invincible. It is more likely that you are hiring a business coach to give them kicks up the backside. That is the methodology that they use. A business coach won’t act like a support crew for people who are lazy or don’t have the drive. A business coach will cut through staff like a hot knife through butter. They will find what is wrong with a person’s work habits or a person’s workload and they will point it out in no uncertain terms. They can offer critiques and techniques to assist productivity but they won’t be unnecessarily nice about it. Blunt honesty is the name of the game here.
– A business coach would prefer that employees keep their personal lives personal and their professional lives professional. If you have a date with a fellow employee, don’t tell everyone around the office. Keep it to yourself — it likely won’t end well anyway so you don’t want people giving you strange looks and fake sympathy. The workmates didn’t want to hear about it in the first place so they can lay the boot in if it goes wrong. A model employee will stick to the task at hand. That is how people get their work done and that is what a business coach will teach you. You can unwind after the work hours have been exhausted but not before then.
– Likewise, a business coach is in the company to do their job. They aren’t some sort of counselling service. They are not there to make friends. It is possible to develop certain feelings for your business coach. There have been stranger things in life. However, there is such a thing as right place at the right time. Even if you two become best friends, understand that you have your own lives and duties within work hours. The last thing you want to do is tread the line and risk something unfavourable to the both of you. The business coach can be fired and you can be punished. It isn’t just about romantic relationships, either — obtrusive platonic relationships can be just as unhelpful when the clock is ticking.